An injury suffered whilst undergoing a medical procedure can have devastating consequences for both the victim and their loved ones.
Our Medical Negligence Solicitors have years of experience coupled with an empathetic approach to help you navigate through what can be a very distressing time. We will sit down, listen, and help you get answers and claim the compensation you deserve.
Medical negligence cases can be complex so it is advisable to take specialist legal advice as soon as possible.
Why Choose PF Molony
- 40 years’ experience with excellent reputation inmedical and clinical negligence claims
- Straightforward, no obligation advice
- Consultation arranged within 24 hours of contacting us
- Strong track record in successful claims
- Nationwide advice
Clinical negligence actions
Medical negligence is also known as clinical negligence since it can occur in a number of healthcare settings.As these can claims are very complicated, they require expert legal assistance. PF Molony Solicitors will outline the medical and legal issues involved in you or your loved ones’ clinical negligence action and guide you through the process.
The specialist healthcare disciplines of medicine, surgery, nursing, dentistry, cosmetic surgery, laser surgery, pharmacy, radiology, physiotherapy, dermatology, psychology and psychiatry are constantly changing and becoming more complicated.
You or your loved ones can bring a negligence action against members of the healthcare profession including but not limited to:Accident and Emergency staff, cancer specialists, cosmetic surgeons,dentists, family doctors, heart surgeons, midwives, nurses, nursing home staff, opticians,pharmacists, physiotherapists, plastic surgeons, psychiatrists,psychologists, radiologists andsocial workers.
If you believe you or one of your loved ones have suffered an injury, failed to recover fully from a standard procedure or died as a result of a specialist action or inaction, the best course of action is to take a clinical negligence action against the specialist(s). PF Molony Solicitors are experts in this area and provide a comprehensive service.
Examples of medical negligence claims against specialists may include:
- Failure to diagnose or treat a serious illness such as a heart attack, cancer, meningitis or HIV
- Failure to carry out an operation properly with the required standard of reasonable care causing a surgical complication which would not have occurred if the operation was carried out properly and with the necessary attention and reasonable standard of care.
- Failure to diagnose or treat a serious mental illness such as depression or dementia
- Failure to warn you about the risks of a particular treatment
- Failure to refer a patient to another specialist where it was necessary to do so
- Failure to obtain informed consent for optional surgery such as laser eye surgery, weight loss surgery or cosmetic surgery.
- Delay in providing a proper standard of medical care, diagnosis and treatment thereby reducing a patient’s chance of full recovery from their medical condition.
- Poor childbirth care and procedures causing physical and psychological birth injuries to the baby and mother, cerebral palsy to the baby or death of both baby and mother.
- Injury or death caused by careless and negligent heart surgery, plastic surgery, weight loss surgery, key-hole surgery or ear, nose and throat procedures.
- Failure to prevent or diagnose deep vein clots which result in a heart attack or death.
- Late or incorrect diagnosis causing brain and spinal cord injuries.
- Failure to use clean surgical instruments, swab an open wound or clean hands before an operation causing the patient to contract an infection such as MRSA (methicillin-resistant staphylococcus aureus).
The above list is not exhaustive. Contact us today for a no-obligation conversation to answer your questions and outline how we can help.